A More TARGETED APPROACH
Attackers are highly skilled in identifying their targets and devising strategies to launch their attacks. Their attack methodologies may involve exploiting security weaknesses in your external or wireless environments or using social engineering techniques. Therefore, it is crucial for your organization's infrastructure to exhibit the characteristics of a mature security program to protect your critical systems and data from these threats.
To ensure your organization’s data and critical systems are protected from these attackers, your infrastructure must contain the characteristics of a mature security program.
Through our red team operations, we can approach your organization from a number of ways. These assessments are goal-driven, in that we’re able to set objectives and complete them. If your organization isn’t able to detect us, then we can review your security program together to determine where the gaps are, and help you fix them.
Unlike a traditional penetration test or vulnerability assessment that assess your organization’s technical security weaknesses, we perform more targeted, precise attacks against your technical and user environment.
RED TEAM ASSESSMENTS
During our red team services, we perform a significant amount of research, information gathering, and reconnaissance about your organization to ensure that we can establish multiple attacking points. We explore avenues through targeted and manual exploitation techniques, whether it’s through a technical vulnerability or through the use of social engineering methods. Our goal is to remain as stealthy as possible and attempt to accomplish our goal, which is the sensitive data that attackers want.
Some of the activities performed during our red team operations include:
- External Network Testing
- Wireless Network Attacks
- Physical Security Attacks
- Social Engineering
- Targeted Exploitation
- Custom Malware
Interested in Our Red Team Services?
Challenge your organization’s security controls and procedures by understanding how access to sensitive data may be accomplished by an attacker. Learn more about how a red team engagement can significantly benefit your organization.
Our red team services provide a comprehensive approach to assessing your organization's security posture. We conduct goal-driven assessments by setting objectives and achieving them. If we go undetected, we can work together to identify gaps in your security program and help you address them.
Unlike traditional vulnerability assessments and penetration tests that focus solely on technical weaknesses, our red team operations target both your technical and user environment with precise and targeted attacks.
Red Team FAQs
What is a red team?
What is the purpose of red teaming?
An organization may want a red team assessment to:
- Identify and mitigate potential risks and threats.
- Improve decision-making and strategy development.
- Enhance security and resilience of systems and processes.
- Validate assumptions and improve preparedness.
- Provide an independent, impartial assessment.
- Test and improve response plans.
- Identify areas for improvement in policies and procedures.
How does red teaming differ from penetration testing?
Penetration testing usually involves exploiting multiple network and application vulnerabilities with the ultimate goal of finding sensitive data. However, a red team assessment may involve other techniques, such as phishing, physical testing, and even voice phishing (also known as vishing).
What are the benefits of red teaming for an organization?
What is the difference between a red team vs blue team vs purple team?
A blue team is usually the team that protects the organization from attacks. Part of their objective is to respond to attacks and remediate security threats.
A purple team is a combination of the red and blue teams collaborating to improve the overall security of the organization. For example, a red team may perform a variety of attacks and inform the blue team of their actions. The blue team would take this information and determine if they could identify such attacks. This allows the blue team to improve their detection and response procedures to remediate threats more effectively.
What qualifications and certifications should a red team have?
Industry-recognized certifications for red teams include:
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- Offensive Security Wireless Professional (OSWP)
- Certified Red Team Professional (CRTP)
- Offensive Security Expeirenced Penetration (OSEPT)
- GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN)
- CompTIA Pentest+
- eLearnSecurity Certified Professional Penetration Tester
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
How can an organization prepare for a red team assessment?
In addition, the following will prepare you for a red team assessment:
- Clearly defining the scope and objectives of the assessment.
- Identifying key stakeholders and ensuring their participation.
- Gathering relevant information and data to support the assessment.
- Providing access to relevant personnel, systems, and facilities.
- Establishing clear lines of communication and decision-making processes.
- Allocating resources, including budget and personnel, as needed.
- Encouraging an open and collaborative approach to the assessment.
- Determining a process for incorporating findings and recommendations into ongoing operations and decision-making.